Sell Gill Holes Dry Route
Thursday January 19th 2012
Members present: Gemma Stevens, Kevin Francis, Lieke Oosterkamp, Marion Holloway
Despite this being my 3rd trip to Sell Gill I don't think I've ever bothered to walk further than 3 metres from the landing of the bottom pitch. My bad. This time we went to see the wet route waterfall, which was pretty huge, Lieke likened it to GG, in terms of power, noise and spray. It was certainly hecking it down.
Further downstream there was plenty to climb around on, I was surprised how big (though not long) it was. On the way out there are at least 3 crawls off from the first pitch which I had a look at, one of which let me to an aven which I climbed for maybe 4-5m before getting a rope free shout and backing down. I wanted to see if it connected to surface, but what with it being dark outside it was hard to tell!
Other YUCPC reports on Sell Gill Holes
- Sell Gill Holes by Adrian Turner
- Sell Gill Holes -Wet/Dry Exchange (Did you know letterboxes are horizontal?) by Rosie Marshall
- Sell Gill Holes -Wet/Dry Exchange (Did you know letterboxes are horizontal?) by Paulina Poterlowicz
- Sell Gill Holes - An easter daydream? by Jean-luc Heath
- Sell Gill Holes - Through the Ducks by Jean-luc Heath
- Sell Gill Holes Goblin Route by Hannah Risser
- Sell Gill Holes Goblin Route by Catherine Moody
- Sell Gill Holes Cave rescue training by Sophie Hentschel
- Sell Gill Holes - 7th Nov 2010 by Catherine Moody
- Sell Gill Holes Sell Gill - both routes. - 3rd Jul 2010 by Caitlin Brumby