Sell Gill Holes
Sunday February 13th 2022
Members present: Adrian Turner, Becca Hay, Liam Bolam, Max Kellermann-stunt, Subeyr Abdi
After this we went and explored the crawl that comes off the bottom of the entrance pitch. I've explored this before, probably in dry weather and never seen water in it. Now there was a good stream running through it. After a few minutes of crawling, scrambling, stooping and a half a second of walking, we reached a ~6-7m drop with rather smooth sides. Some of the others thought there might be a way down it, but I think I would have felt happier had we had a rope for it (and I wasn't going back to the entrance to get one!).
When we arrived back at the entrance a third group was on their way down the entrance pitch, so we sat and had some chocolate, before bemusingly watching them go to rig the second pitch. As we then started to head back up, it emerged that both of the other teams had clipped into our karabiner in the deviation. I derigged and offered the team coming up behind us if they wanted me to clip in one of their krabs into it for them, "nah, we'll be fine, it's not too bad". As I finished derigging, the first of their team appeared at the top looking utterly drenched. Then a quick walk back to the car, and back to the YSS in time for a shower, a trip to the pub and an early drive home.
Other YUCPC reports on Sell Gill Holes
- Sell Gill Holes -Wet/Dry Exchange (Did you know letterboxes are horizontal?) by Rosie Marshall
- Sell Gill Holes -Wet/Dry Exchange (Did you know letterboxes are horizontal?) by Paulina Poterlowicz
- Sell Gill Holes - An easter daydream? by Jean-luc Heath
- Sell Gill Holes - Through the Ducks by Jean-luc Heath
- Sell Gill Holes Goblin Route by Hannah Risser
- Sell Gill Holes Goblin Route by Catherine Moody
- Sell Gill Holes Cave rescue training by Sophie Hentschel
- Sell Gill Holes Dry Route by Kevin Francis
- Sell Gill Holes - 7th Nov 2010 by Catherine Moody
- Sell Gill Holes Sell Gill - both routes. - 3rd Jul 2010 by Caitlin Brumby