Jingling Pot via Little Gully and Lateral Cleft
Sunday October 27th 2013
Members present: Adam Hughes, Andy Hurlbatt, Brianna Kilpatrick, Kenric Yuen, Miguel Cambron, Neal Wang, Sophie Hentschel
And once again we got there to find it rather full! An hour wait on the windy surface turned into a complete faff when the heavens opened and we all got soaked. Lovely.
Anyhow after more waiting in the cold and wet the previous group finally vacated the cave and so we were off! Andy rigged the whole system after I gave him a broad overview of what awaited inside.
Everything ran really smoothly on the way down with the Freshers doing really well!! Eventually we all reached the bottom about an hour and half after we entered. Chocolate distributed and consumed we started to head out. Sophie and Kenric got out first and headed down to the cars to meet Gary and David. I derigged and once again the freshers did really well on the way out.
Getting out at 6 and it being dark was a bit of a shock to the system after a few weeks of freshers trips! A very windy change followed and we just about made it before the rain returned. Then it was onto Bodrums for some much needed pizza and Rubicon!
All in all great trip!
Other YUCPC reports on Jingling Pot
- Jingling Pot Pre-Expo Rescue Practice by Mark Sims
- Jingling Pot - 14th Nov 2009 by Catherine Moody
- Jingling Pot - 21 Feb 2009 by Chad B
- Jingling Pot - 25 Jan 2009 by Hayley Clamp
- Jingling Pot - 04 Mar 2007 by Chris Ward
- Jingling Pot - 18 Nov 2006 by Chris Ward
- Jingling Pot - 06 May 2006 by James Gregory
- Jingling Pot - 01 Apr 2006 by Natasha Durham