Aquamole Pot - 06 Dec 2008
Saturday December 6th 2008
Members present: Alexander Stelfox, Mark Sims, Matt Gosling, Max Spicer, Thomas Blakey
Aquamole offered a good combination of ropework and easy but interesting crawling. The Aven is spectacular and well worth seeing. Lots of fun! I'm sure Matt will offer more details...
On the way back, Tom, Alex and I went ahead leaving Mark and Matt to derig. We came out of the entrance shaft in the dark to find a bright moon and really clear sky. The walk back down to the car was incredible, with thousands of diamond-like sparkles reflected from the snow from our head torches. It was below zero, but was still warm and we all took our time over the change. Definitely Grade 1, but a Winter Grade 1!
Very glad I finally decided to go on this trip - it was a near thing but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
Other YUCPC reports on Aquamole Pot
- Aquamole Pot - 13th Dec 2009 by Alastair Gott
- Aquamole Pot - 4th Jul 2009 by Chad B
- Aquamole Pot - 4th Jul 2009 by Hayley Clamp
- Aquamole Pot - 06 Dec 2008 by Alexander Stelfox
- Aquamole Pot - 16 Dec 2006 by James Gregory
- Aquamole Pot - 16 Dec 2006 by Chris Ward
- Aquamole Pot - 14 May 2006 by Matt Ewles
- Aquamole Pot - 04 Dec 2005 by Raphael Rashid
- Aquamole Pot - 19 Feb 2005 by Stephen Cooper