Marble Steps Pot
Sunday November 11th 2012
Members present: Adam Hughes, Adrian Turner, Alyssa Scott, Joseph Parker, Mark Sims
Faffing soon began when we arrived to find one group was already in the system and another were fully changed and ready to go. Despite a leisurely change, the other group set off about 2 mins before us! When we got to Ireby we found the other group still on the surface so we left it a while and it was decided I was going to rig for the first time, so we were hoping they would be well in front of us by the time we got in. How wrong we were... Six people were waiting to come up the first pitch and the other team had only just made it down. So we bailed and went for Marble steps.
Rigging was really fun! We made steady progress down to the main chamber with some messRT due to us having ropes bagged up for Ireby and not Marble steps. Sadly we didn't have enough rope to rig the 90, so it evades me again! After some casual exploring we headed for the surface with me de-rigging under the watchful eyes of Ade.
A fairly pleasant change followed and then it was off to Bodrums for some much needed pizza where amazingly we bumped into both of the other YUCPC groups who were doing totally different caves, some fantastic timing!
All in all a great trip even though it wasn't the one we signed up for! 8)
Other YUCPC reports on Marble Steps Pot
- Marble Steps Pot by Rosie Marshall
- Marble Steps Pot Sidewinder - Gully Exchange by Vicky Bailey
- Marble Steps Pot Main route + Sidewinder exchange by Mike Rippon
- Marble Steps Pot - 19th Dec 2010 by Matt Gosling
- Marble Steps Pot - 12th Jun 2010 by Jonathan Booth
- Marble Steps Pot - 18th Apr 2010 by Marion Holloway
- Marble Steps Pot - 16th May 2009 by George Bunyan
- Marble Steps Pot - 16th May 2009 by Chad B
- Marble Steps Pot Two routes with change-over at the bottom - 10 Apr 2005 by Holly Read