Marble Steps Pot - 16th May 2009
Saturday May 16th 2009
Members present: Adrian Turner, Ben Scothern, Chad B, George Bunyan, Toby Buxton
A short walk up the hill reminded me of how unfit I was, but the pleasant entrance made up for it. Ben was to rig sidewinder, with Craig and myself following, while Chad would rig for the others down Gully. The cave was dry, and was generally of standing height. Descent was quick, and both teams reached the bottom at the same time. We went to have a look at Stink Pot, and then my team began the ascent up Gully. I derigged, where one tricky rebelay sent me swinging into a wall in a less than optimal position.
The change provided the scariest moment of the trip, where we could see rain approaching quickly while I was beginning to get changed. I thought that this could be a punishment for shanking rope while the others changed, but one of my fastest change to date kept me dry and we were soon on our way to Bodrums.
It was a fun trip, and I hope to do it again and reach the bottom!
Other YUCPC reports on Marble Steps Pot
- Marble Steps Pot by Rosie Marshall
- Marble Steps Pot Sidewinder - Gully Exchange by Vicky Bailey
- Marble Steps Pot by Adam Hughes
- Marble Steps Pot Main route + Sidewinder exchange by Mike Rippon
- Marble Steps Pot - 19th Dec 2010 by Matt Gosling
- Marble Steps Pot - 12th Jun 2010 by Jonathan Booth
- Marble Steps Pot - 18th Apr 2010 by Marion Holloway
- Marble Steps Pot - 16th May 2009 by Chad B
- Marble Steps Pot Two routes with change-over at the bottom - 10 Apr 2005 by Holly Read