Valley Entrance - 20 May 2006
Saturday May 20th 2006
Members present: Adrian Turner, Gary Douthwaite, James Gregory, Kevin Francis, Matt Ewles, Neil Bird, Richard Gover
On arrival I was somewhat surprised to discover a group of YUCPC cavers there, given it was now close to lunch time. I therefore elected not to buy a coffee but instead to hire a helmet and light, which when combined with the wesuit and wellies in my car allowed me to join the caving trip. The streamway was extremely wet, and as all the above reports say we (repeatedly) fought our way upstream before turning round and sitting down, flying downstream and bouncing off the bottom/the walls back down to the pitch. I used my hands to fend off the walls, but unfortunately they are not as strong as rough spiky rock, hence the big gash in my hand and all the blood. Still, taping up my hand with climbers' tape is cheaper than patching a wetsuit.
Then we went back to York and watched Eurovision. Probably it was the effect of the alchol, but Hard Rock Hallelujah was awesome. Tis the day of rockening, bring forth the arockalypse!
Other YUCPC reports on Valley Entrance
- Valley Entrance - In Flood by Joseph Smith
- Simpson's Pot - Valley Entrance Pull Through by Dan Boothby
- Simpson's Pot - Valley Entrance by Andy Hurlbatt
- Simpson's Pot - Valley Entrance by Sophie Hentschel
- Valley Entrance - 27th Nov 2010 by Catherine Moody
- Valley Entrance - 20 May 2006 by Neil Bird
- Valley Entrance - 20 May 2006 by Adrian Turner