JH Over-Engine Mine / Peak Cavern
Saturday April 19th 2008
Members present: Adam Wilkinson, Andrew Vick, Imogen Shepherd, Kevin Francis, Natasha Durham, Nicola Gover, Richard Gover
Down JH with no major issues, although i tried to bury myself under loose rocks by climbing down too early before Bitch Pitch. Alternative route was rigged as we ran out of rope, but it was nice to do a different route, and it had some interesting mining stuff (and was drier). Off down the crazy fixed ladders (theyre everywhere in peak!) to the speedwell streamway, where we met the others (Kent and TSG).
Very wet streamway led to the Bung which is mega fun and wet, and more cool streamway til we reached colostomy crawl. This lives up to its name! Apparently its nowhere near as bad as it used to be but you can imagine what it was like! Squelchy squelchy for quite a long time, til we reached the trenches and fawlty tower (another ladder climb). Then on through the treasury (i think) til we reached buxton water sump, where we had a lovely bath with much communal back washing and a group scrub of Imogen! Off out the show cave past the tourists and back to the TSG for enormous amounts of tea, hot showers and cake. Then off to the nag's head for all you can eat carvery (with veggie option) :) and then to stomp.
Really enjoyed this trip and want to do lots more peak cavern!
Other YUCPC reports on JH Over-Engine Mine
- JH Over-Engine Mine - Titan Shaft - 11/06/2011 by Toby Buxton
- Peak Cavern - JH Over-Engine Mine - 12th Apr 2009 by Kevin Francis
- JH Over-Engine Mine / Peak Cavern by Imogen Shepherd
- JH Over-Engine Mine / Titan Shaft - 17 Jun 2006 by Matt Ewles
- JH Over-Engine Mine / Titan Shaft - 17 Jun 2006 by James Gregory
- JH Over-Engine Mine / Titan Shaft - 17 Jun 2006 by Adrian Turner
- JH Over-Engine Mine - 18 Jun 2005 by John Singleton
- JH Over-Engine Mine - 18 Jun 2005 by Matt Ewles