Pippikin Pot / Mistral Hole - 01 Feb 2009
Sunday February 1st 2009
Members present: Andrew Gilmartin, Imogen Shepherd, Lauren Ellis
I'm not even sure why I agreed to it (maybe the promise of half an hours kiting first?) because Will of MUSC/Red Rose fame had scared me the previous night by telling me that the president of Newcastle Uni CC was the same size as me and had to be rescued, and contrary to popular belief it wasn't a good cave for small cavers.
Once we got the hang of how to go through the squeezes it seemed to go okay (keep high!) and it was very helpful to have Andy guiding us through.
Andy did nearly kill me when he sent me down on a rope he said was rigged, only to get to a (very handy) ledge and find that although I had run out of rope I wasn't on the floor! Eek! But all was well, as luckily there was the handy in situ rope next to me to help me out of the dodgy predicament.
I'd done a rather rubbish job of remembering the description, but we found our way out of the cave, after a fun hop out of Mistral and a walk back in the snow to cake, toast and tea. Horray!
Other YUCPC reports on Pippikin Pot
- Pippikin Pot - Top Sink - A wrap fuelled birthday venture by Rosie Marshall
- Pippikin Pot - Top Sink - A wrap fuelled birthday venture by Paulina Poterlowicz
- Pippikin Pot - Mistral Hole by Livvy Golby-kirk
- Top Sink - Pippikin Pot - 15th May 2010 by Richard Gover
- Top Sink - Pippikin Pot - 15th May 2010 by Andy Tricklebank
- Lancaster Hole - Pippikin Pot - 20th Feb 2010 by Nicola Gover
- Pippikin Pot - 12th Dec 2009 by Nicola Gover
- Pippikin Pot / Mistral Hole - 01 Feb 2009 by Lauren Ellis
- Pippikin Pot - 07 Jul 2007 by Nicola Gover