Saturday December 17th 2011
Members present: Adam Walmsley, Jonathan Booth, Laura Ward, Luke Brownbridge, Mark Sims, Mike Rippon, Steven Spall
I expected it to be fairly hard to climb a 60 m ladder, but it was much much worse than I was expecting! I have a huge amount of respect for people who did this for all their trips. It was an awesome sight to see ladders stretching out of sight below and above on the way up.
Derigging probably took even longer than rigging. There was quite a surreal moment as Mike and I were stood on the ledge at the top in a waist deep heap of ladders to coil.
Other YUCPC reports on Alum Pot
- Long Churn - Alum Pot by Alistair Rollinson
- Alum Pot by Joshua Young
- Alum Pot - Long Churn Dolly Tubs Exchange by Jonathan Booth
- Alum Pot by Mike Rippon
- Alum Pot - 12th Dec 2010 by Jonathan Booth
- Long Churn / Alum Pot by Imogen Shepherd
- Long Churn / Alum Pot - 05 Apr 2008 by Adam Wilkinson
- Alum Pot - 03 Dec 2005 by Aimee Chalmers