Ireby Fell Cavern
Sunday March 3rd 2013
Members present: Adam Hughes, Louise Bell, Toby Buxton
Rigging through the Shadow route proceeded fairly smoothly all the way to the bottom with only minor faff to re-rig bits so we had enough rope for the last big pitch. Squeezing and crawling through the streamway is more than made up for by the view in Duke Street. Lots of impressive formations throughout which seem relatively undisturbed really make this one of the best caves I've been in!
Derigging on the way out was fairly speedy as it was shared between me and Richard, although we were convinced one of the tacklesacks was going to give up the go due to the fairly large hole developing at the bottom!
All in all a great day trip!
Other YUCPC reports on Ireby Fell Cavern
- Ireby Fell Cavern (a water-based turnaround) by Livvy Golby-kirk
- Ireby Fell Cavern by Catherine Moody
- Ireby Fell Cavern Cripple Creek Round Trip by Vicky Bailey
- Ireby Fell Cavern by Adam Walmsley
- Ireby Fell Cavern round trip by Adam Walmsley
- Ireby Fell Cavern down Ding, Dong, Bell, Pussy by Sophie Hentschel
- Ireby Fell Cavern - 27th Nov 2010 by Kevin Francis
- Ireby Fell Cavern - 20th Feb 2010 by Karim Shokraee
- Ireby Fell Cavern - 20th Feb 2010 by Matt Gosling
- Ireby Fell Cavern - 14th Feb 2010 by Chad B