Ireby Fell Cavern - 20th Feb 2010
Saturday February 20th 2010
Members present: Alexander Stelfox, Karim Shokraee, Matt Gosling
The cave entrance is brilliant. rcp and ladder!
Shadow route looks fun to rig, lots of sound effects and pendulum action :P
Lots of fun stompy stuff, a bit of a horrible wet bit of stooping
An evil crawl to Ireby 2. The diggers efforts amaze me.....
The water as you drop into Ireby 2 that gets deeper....and deeper.....and then reduce grown men to girly screams as cooling occurs. Funny stuff....
The funny rope up to Ireby 2. Good job I did a knot pass in training last week! "the core is showing!!!!" nothing to do but laugh nervously....
The amazing crystal and formations off in the crawly bits up past jupiter
Putting massive gouges in my rack descending the ropes back down to Jupiter then to the start of Ireby 2. I'll wave my polished rack bars at people and tell them I am far more pro than I really am!
Then the interesting ascent to the top avec tackle sack and not feeling too bad oddly enough. Felt like quite a milestone for me this one - a very long trip with quite a lot of SRT for me and to come out of the other side only verging on being destroyed rather than being completely ruined felt good!
Cheers guys, a really fantastic trip, that crystal pool will stay in my mind for a while yet!
Other YUCPC reports on Ireby Fell Cavern
- Ireby Fell Cavern (a water-based turnaround) by Livvy Golby-kirk
- Ireby Fell Cavern by Catherine Moody
- Ireby Fell Cavern Cripple Creek Round Trip by Vicky Bailey
- Ireby Fell Cavern by Adam Walmsley
- Ireby Fell Cavern round trip by Adam Walmsley
- Ireby Fell Cavern by Adam Hughes
- Ireby Fell Cavern down Ding, Dong, Bell, Pussy by Sophie Hentschel
- Ireby Fell Cavern - 27th Nov 2010 by Kevin Francis
- Ireby Fell Cavern - 20th Feb 2010 by Matt Gosling
- Ireby Fell Cavern - 14th Feb 2010 by Chad B