Long Churn - 19 Oct 2008
Sunday October 19th 2008
Members present: Adrian Turner, Anna Barnard, Ben Wilmott, Chad B, Charlie Dixon, Chuck Holder, Debbie Flowers, Gary Douthwaite, George Bunyan, Imogen Shepherd, Jaydene Halliday, Kevin Francis, Laura Bennett, Louise Bell, Mark Sims, Matt Gosling, Matt Ewles, Max Spicer, Mike Emra , Nick Wright, Nicola Gover, Oli Roberts, Richard Gover, Simon Herrod, Thomas Blakey, Victoria Binns
We were slightly worried about the weather however we decided to make a go of it before the rain came in (keeping a constant eye on what the weather was doing at all times). Dr Bannisters (the entrance chute) was the wettest I've ever seen it and keeping good footing on the way down was a challenge. Water-a-plenty for upper long churn. We speeded through the cheese press with no issues for our mega hardcore freshers (though some pushing and pulling required for some of our more 'horizontally enhanced' experienced folk). No problems with the climbs down at the bottom (these are usually too much for some people), so all in all probably one of the most efficient and competent introductory trips ever!
I should not have had the special vegetarian breakfast. Deep fried hash brown, deep fried vege sausages, deep fried vege burger, deep fried bread, with fried egg and bread with lashings of butter. I am still working the calories off as we speak!
Other YUCPC reports on Long Churn
- Long Churn - Alum Pot by Alistair Rollinson
- Alum Pot - Long Churn Dolly Tubs Exchange by Jonathan Booth
- Long Churn by Jonathan Booth
- Long Churn by Matt Ewles
- November Hole - Long Churn - 17th Oct 2010 by Laz Abbott
- Long Churn - 04 Jan 2009 by Catherine Moody
- Long Churn - 19 Oct 2008 by Chad B
- Long Churn / Alum Pot by Imogen Shepherd
- Long Churn / Alum Pot - 05 Apr 2008 by Adam Wilkinson
- Long Churn - First Freshers Trip - 14 Oct 2007 by Matt Ewles