Giants Hole - 27 May 2006
Saturday May 27th 2006
Members present: Adrian Turner, Chuck Holder, James Gregory, Kevin Francis, Nicola Gover, Richard Gover
Near the East Canal there was a duck that required getting an ear wet, but it was extremely short. In the East Canal there was a foam tide line several metres up, right near the roof. I wonder how recently it flooded? Nikki kept telling me not to look up as she didn't like the idea that the passage could have been several meters under water just a few days ago.
The Giant's windpipe was as ever fairly horrible, with one section having little enough air space between your head and the muddy water that you have to take your helmet off (can't remember if it is always like this). Luckily for me though my brain only goes slightly panicky in extremely narrow and constricted passages, not in low wet ones, because for some reason my brain is afraid of getting stuck but not of drowning. Stupid brain.
Sliding down the rift from the top was again quite fun, though everyone but Gover and I abseiled, because they are boring.
It was generally a fairly efficient and faff-free trip, except for a few minutes getting lost both in the Eating House and at the end of the Giant's windpipe.
Other YUCPC reports on Giants Hole
- Giants Hole by Jonathan Booth
- Giants Hole - 28th Nov 2009 by Alastair Gott
- Giants Hole - 28th Nov 2009 by Catherine Moody
- Giants Hole - 31st Oct 2009 by Matthijs Bouwman
- Giants Hole - 01 Nov 2008 by Ben Scothern
- Giants Hole - 28 Oct 2007 by Matt Ewles
- Giants Hole - 27 Oct 2007 by Laz Abbott
- Giants Hole - 04 Nov 2006 by Peter Scowcroft
- Giants Hole - 22 Oct 2006 by Matt Ewles