Giants Hole - 04 Nov 2006
Saturday November 4th 2006
Members present: Andrew Gilmartin, Audrey Teo, Chuck Holder, Damon Reynolds, David Sproson, Debbie Flowers, Gary Douthwaite, Matt Ewles, Matthew Chubb, Peter Scowcroft, Saskia Klerk
As the only giant in the caving club I can conclusively say this cave is not optimised for the larger end of the population.
Generally its an interesting maze like rift that tends towards tightness, opening into a large cave with a bit of everything every caver needs, mud, water, climbing and in the case of the wind-pipe a little bit of fear (in my case the worry was caused by my only torch being fully submerged underwater, and not waterproof).
Heavily recomended, though if you have anyone in the party with a chest over 50" prepare for a lot of waiting at the tight bits and trust me there are many!
Other YUCPC reports on Giants Hole
- Giants Hole by Jonathan Booth
- Giants Hole - 28th Nov 2009 by Alastair Gott
- Giants Hole - 28th Nov 2009 by Catherine Moody
- Giants Hole - 31st Oct 2009 by Matthijs Bouwman
- Giants Hole - 01 Nov 2008 by Ben Scothern
- Giants Hole - 28 Oct 2007 by Matt Ewles
- Giants Hole - 27 Oct 2007 by Laz Abbott
- Giants Hole - 22 Oct 2006 by Matt Ewles
- Giants Hole - 27 May 2006 by James Gregory