Giants Hole - 28th Nov 2009
Saturday November 28th 2009
Members present: Alastair Gott, Catherine Moody, Chuck Holder, Marion Holloway, Matthew Chubb
This was the first time I'd done Giants and I was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately the water levels were very high so we weren’t able to complete the round trip. We all got soaked on the ladder on the way down (which we had to jump off, as it had to be rigged off the top p-hanger meaning it didn’t quite reach the ground!) and as a consequence were quite cold throughout the whole trip (for the females out there, I can tell you that doing wet caves without a bra/bikini is not recommended!). I also got rather wet standing in the waterfall while holding the ladder for Maz to go back up it. It was undoubtedly the quickest I’ve ever climbed a ladder! There was a quite a bit of faff derigging, as another group had put a third crab into the p-hanger for the back-up, meaning I couldn’t turn ours round to get it out and I ended up having to de-rig and then re-rig their rope in order to do so.
Oh well, we soon warmed up when we got back to the Chapel, and had fajitas with homemade guacamole, yum :) And one day I will be back to do that windpipe!
Other YUCPC reports on Giants Hole
- Giants Hole by Jonathan Booth
- Giants Hole - 28th Nov 2009 by Alastair Gott
- Giants Hole - 31st Oct 2009 by Matthijs Bouwman
- Giants Hole - 01 Nov 2008 by Ben Scothern
- Giants Hole - 28 Oct 2007 by Matt Ewles
- Giants Hole - 27 Oct 2007 by Laz Abbott
- Giants Hole - 04 Nov 2006 by Peter Scowcroft
- Giants Hole - 22 Oct 2006 by Matt Ewles
- Giants Hole - 27 May 2006 by James Gregory